Saturday, December 15, 2007

Oh for a blank page.

I'm not surprised Rosa Moncton was upset. I felt a bit outraged myself - reading private letters written by Princess Diana on the front page of today's Telegraph - and everywhere else. Have we really become so voyeuristic as a nation that we want to pry into private love letters. And for what purpose - beyond selling newspapers, of course? Supposedly, to prove that Princess Diana was 'in love' with Dodi Fayad - which in turn would indicate that Prince Phillip might have arranged the fatal car crash in the Paris underground which led to the death of the Princess. I just felt sick looking at . I saw the 'Darling Dodi' at the top and averted my eyes from the rest. Perhaps for the first time, I would have preferred the Telegraph to have had a completely blank front page.

No comments: