Monday, March 10, 2008

What was he thinking of?

Mathew Williamson is an extremely knowledgeable man. So much so that he came in second, on 26 points, in tonight's high scoring edition of Mastermind. Question master, John Humphrys asked him what the commonly used name for Dicentra 'spectabilis' is, a name which is is shared with a part of the human body. After a few moments thought, he answered "Red Hot Poker". I wonder which human body part he had in mind? For non-gardeners, the correct answer is 'Bleeding Heart'.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have watched Wales this week tonight.
It was all about the bent buggers on Anglesey council.

Glyn Davies said...

I wish I'd watched it. Peter Rogers used to tell me all about it.

Oscar said...

I have grown to like and respect peter.
Always very calm and balanced, such a shame some thing went so wrong.
I may be wrong, but I would trust him and his opinion.
Bloody good man.

Glyn Davies said...

oscar - He is indeed 'a bloody good man' and I also like and respect him. But 'always calm and balanced'? Are you sure we're talking about the same Peter?

Oscar said...

Age , mellows?
Perhaps for the cameras!
Had he remained in the assembley, it might well have aided credibility with some of us in North Wales.
Funny old game politics!

Glyn Davies said...

oscar - he didn't leave much room for misunderstanding, thats for sure. I just didn't't believe that I'd ever hear Peter Rogers described as mellow. But Mark Isherwood and Darren Millar are both very good representatives of my Party in the Assembly